Frequently Asked Questions
Print this page
Which airports are close to the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort?
- Tucson International Airport (TUS) – 25 miles South
- Phoenix International Airport (PHX) – 120 miles North - Not recommended
Transportation to and from Tucson International Airport?
- Tucson Stagecoach tucscoach.com is the only shuttle service that provides transfer service between the Tucson International Airport and Loews Ventana Canyon Resort for $44 each way. Look for Era of Peace on their website to book a shuttle. Reservation required - Use zip code 85750. Telephone: 520-889-1000 or toll free at 877-782-4355. Discount rates for 2, 3 and 4 people etc. are available by calling or booking through their website. Note: We are not able to connect people for a group shuttle.
- Uber & Lyft - App based, account required.
- Taxi - available at all times. The cost is about $55 to $60 one way.
Transportation to and from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport?
- Groome Transportation groometransportation.com provides transfer service between The Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport and Loews Ventana Canyon Resort. Reservation required - Booking: Online only $52.00 one way to /from PHX Airport. Calling is $5 extra at $57.00 one way. 520-795-6771. Take shuttle to Speedway stop only. For drop off at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort there’s an additional $25.00 cost. Use zip code 85705. (Not a typo)
Hotel check-in : 4pm
Hotel check-out 12pm (Late check-out charge is 50% of the daily rate)
When does the conference begin and what time should I arrive?
The Opening Ceremony of Light begins at 7:00 p.m. Saturday, Aug 10th. Hotel check-in time is 4:00 p.m. It is a good idea to arrive at the hotel by mid-afternoon of the 10th so you can get your registration materials and settle into your room.
What is a good time to schedule my departing flight?
Thursday is a morning session only followed by lunch from noon to 2:00pm. Past experience has shown us that a 5:30 p.m. or later flight departure from Tucson Airport on Thursday, Aug 15th, will allow you to fully enjoy the closing ceremonies and the farewell luncheon.
When does registration start at the hotel?
- Registration for the World Congress will be August 10th from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the room 2205. The front desk will direct you to that location.
- There will be two more registration times in the evening for those arriving later. They will be in Kiva B, next door to the meeting room, from 6:00 p.m. to 6:50 p.m. and for 30 minutes following the closing of the Opening Ceremony of Light.
- The registration table will also be open each morning for additional registrations. You will receive your program, name tag and meal tickets at registration.
What is the general format of the conference?
- Breakfast buffet is from 7:00 – 8:30 a.m. Our program runs each morning from 9 a.m. to noon, followed by a 2-hour lunch break.
- The afternoon session is from 2:00 p.m. to approximately 5:00 p.m. A half-hour break is scheduled each morning and afternoon. We have many wonderful speakers and musicians to enjoy throughout the week.
Can I stay at a different hotel and still attend the conference?
By having all our attendees stay at the hotel with the room and meal package, we are able to pay for the large conference room needed for this important event. For this reason, in order to be fair to the people who are covering the expenses by staying at the resort, attendees are not allowed to stay at other hotels.
Will there be any free time during the conference?
We like to have a flow of activities and time to just rest and be. We take a two-hour lunch break each day and Monday and Tuesday evenings will be free.
Yoga Classes are Monday – Thursday from 6:30 a.m. - 7:15 a.m.
Can I get a schedule of the speakers and events that will be at the World Congress?
We do not promote the presenters at the World Congress on Illumination because this particular conference is not about the presenters. It is about fulfilling the mission. We do, however, always have very enlightened and dedicated presenters and musicians. This is a life-transforming event for everyone involved.
How can I arrange to stay at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort hotel before or after the dates of the conference?
We will make all arrival and departure reservations with the hotel on your behalf. You may contact us by email – firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone - (520) 885-7909. PLEASE DO NOT call the hotel directly to change arrival and departure dates.
Can you tell me more about the meals?
As part of the package price of the World Congress on Illumination breakfast is included each day and either lunch or dinner, depending on our planned activities. All meals are vegetarian, but not vegan. Eggs and dairy are included. Please let us know in advance if you have special dietary requirements.
Other Hotel Information
- Iron and Ironing Board in-room
- Hair dryer in-room
- Coffee/tea in-room
- Mini refrigerator in all guest rooms
- Flat-screen TV
- In-room safe
- Laundry service
- Free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms
- Free Wi-Fi in lounge and lobby area
- Pets allowed (2 max) with $100 cleaning fee
- On-site self-parking, free for our group. Valet service is $25 per day
- Car Rental through concierge
At hotel check in, each guest will have the opportunity to reconfirm his/her departure date. Any guest departing prior to that date will be assessed a charge of 50% of the rate for each night that the guest is departing early.
Are handicapped rooms available?
Yes, please contact Era of Peace and we can arrange for special room requirements. Letting us know early will ensure availability of the appropriate room for you.
Is there a dress code?
We suggest resort casual attire. The temperatures outside may be fairly warm. All indoor venues will be air-conditioned, and a sweater is sometimes desired since what is comfortable to one may be chilly to another. Wednesday evening will include music and dancing.
We are following the Arizona state Covid-19 guidelines. As of this writing masks and vaccinations are not required at indoor group functions. Mask requirements could change at any time. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
Are triple and quadruple room accommodations available?
This year due to Covid-19 we are offering roommate matching with only one other person. If you have 3 or 4 people in your group that would like to be in one room together, that is possible. Please contact Linda by email – email@example.com or by phone - (520) 885-7909. PDT 8am-5pm.
What is your cancellation policy?
We accept cancellations up through Aug 1, 2024. There is a $200.00 nonrefundable processing fee for each cancelled registration and the rest of your payment will be refunded.
Do you accept all credit cards?
Yes, we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.