Frequently Asked Questions
Which airports are close to the Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort?
Honolulu International Airport (HNL) – 8 miles North
Transportation to and from Honolulu International Airport?
- Get all transportation options at the hotel website: http://www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com/about-the-resort/transportation
- Taxi – available at all times. The cost is about $35 - $40. Additionally, the hotel has contracted specifically with Charley’s Taxi for only $29 to and from the airport. Visit www.charleystaxi.com/services/airport or call 808-233-3333. All taxis can drop off and pick up at the Main Lobby
- SpeediShuttle Service – Only shuttle that can drop off and pick up guests in the Main Lobby. $15.48 per person. Greeters are stationed throughout the terminals. Contact them via email: email@example.com
- Airport shuttles – You will be dropped off and picked up at the Tapa Bus Terminal (about a 3 minute walk to the main lobby).
When does the conference begin and what time should I arrive?
The Opening Ceremony of Light begins at 7:00 p.m. Saturday, Aug 11th. Hotel check-in time is 3:00 p.m. It is a good idea to arrive at the hotel the afternoon of the 11th so you can get your registration materials and settle into your room.
What is a good time to schedule my departing flight?
Thursday is a morning session only followed by lunch from noon to 2:00pm. Past experience has shown us that a 5:00 p.m. or later flight departure on Thursday, Aug 16th, will allow you to fully enjoy the closing ceremonies and the farewell luncheon.
When does registration start at the hotel?
- Registration for the World Congress will be August 11th from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Palace Lounge just outside of the Tapa Ballrooms. The front desk will direct you to that location.
- There will be two more registration times in the evening for those arriving later. They will be in the Exhibit Room which is Tapa Ballroom 3, next door to the meeting room, from 6:00 p.m. to 6:50 p.m. and for 30 minutes following the closing of the Opening Ceremony of Light.
- The registration table will also be open each morning for additional registrations. You will receive your program, name tag and meal tickets at registration.
What is the general format of the conference?
- Breakfast buffet is from 7:00 – 8:30 a.m. Our program runs each morning from 9 a.m. to noon, followed by a 2-hour lunch break.
- The afternoon session is from 2:00 p.m. to approximately 5:00 p.m. A half-hour break is scheduled each morning and afternoon. We have many wonderful speakers and musicians to enjoy throughout the week.
Can I stay at a different hotel and still attend the conference?
By having all our attendees stay at the hotel with the room and meal package, we are able to pay for the large conference room needed for this important event. For this reason, in order to be fair to the people who are covering the expenses by staying at the resort, attendees are not allowed to stay at other hotels.
Will there be any free time during the conference?
We take a two hour lunch break each day and Monday and Tuesday evenings will be free. We have also arranged for the hotel to provide us with a box lunch on Tuesday following the “Morning Activity of Light" so we can go out, explore, and weave our energies into this powerful area. This will be important preparation for the influx of Light that will help to accomplish our facet of the Divine Plan.
Can I get a schedule of the speakers and events that will be at the World Congress?
We do not promote the presenters at the World Congress on Illumination because this particular conference is not about the presenters. It is about fulfilling the mission. We do, however, always have very enlightened and dedicated presenters and musicians. This is a life-transforming event for everyone involved.
- Iron and Ironing Board in-room
- Hair dryer in-room
- Coffee/tea in-room
- Mini refrigerator in all guest rooms
- Flat-screen TV and PlayStation 3
- In-room safe
- Laundry service
- Free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms
- Free Wi-Fi in lounge and lobby area
- On-site parking, Self-Parking is $43 per day and Valet is $50 per day
- Car Rental through concierge
How can I arrange to stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort before or after the dates of the conference?
- The resort is giving us the special room rates for four days before and four days after the World Congress . This special room price includes the room charge, resort fee and applicable taxes.
- We will make all arrival and departure reservations with the hotel on your behalf. You may contact us by email – firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone - (520) 885-7909. PLEASE DO NOT call the hotel directly to change arrival and departure dates.
- To avoid early checkout fees, all changes in departure dates must be made by Aug 5th.
What’s included in the Resort Fee?
- Basic guest Internet Access (up to 2 devices)
- 1-800/Local calls
- Hawaiian Cultural Activities
- PlayStation 3 access with unlimited movies & games
- Movies at Sundown
- Outdoor morning Exercise Classes
- One personalized photo postcard per stay from Xerox Business Services
- 10%off or 1 category upgrade on 2+ days car rental at National Car Rental on site
- 20% off Spirit of Aloha Catamaran Afternoon Sail. Contact Waikiki Beach Activities
Can you tell me more about the meals?
As part of the package price of the World Congress on Illumination breakfast is included each day and either lunch or dinner, depending on our planned activities. All meals are vegetarian (except the Luau), but not vegan. Eggs and dairy are included. Please let us know in advance if you have special dietary requirements.
Are handicapped rooms available?
Yes, please contact Era of Peace and we can arrange for special room requirements. Letting us know early will ensure availability of the appropriate room for you.
Are roll-away beds available?
Roll-away beds are $75 plus tax per night.
Is there a dress code?
We suggest resort casual attire. The temperatures outside may be fairly warm. All indoor venues will be air-conditioned, and a sweater is sometimes desired since what is comfortable to one may be chilly to another.
Do you accept all credit cards?
Yes, we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
What is the cancellation policy?
We accept cancellations up through Aug 2, 2017. There is a $200.00 nonrefundable processing fee for each cancelled registration and the rest of your payment will be refunded.